Tonight we had a delicious dinner! It’s a Weight Watchers recipe which I tweaked slightly, adding broccoli & spring onion to beef it up a little and add some lovely greens! It is so easy to make, doesn’t take long at all so is a great mid week healthy, low fat dinner!
Here’s the recipe, I hope others enjoy it as much as we did!
Serves 2 and is 10 Weight Watchers Pro-Points per serving
- 100g dried egg noodles
- Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 200g lean pork fillet, trimmed of all visible fat & cut into strips
- juice of 1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 1 cm fresh root ginger, grated (or 1 tea spoon crushed ginger)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- half a small head of broccoli cut into small floretes
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the noodles and return to the boil. Cook according to the packet instructions and then drain
- Meanwhile, heat a non stick frying pan and spray with cooking spray. Add the onion, pork & broccoli and stir-fry for 4 minutes over a high heat until the pork starts to brown.
- Mix together the orange juice, chilli sauce, ginger and soy sauce. Add this mixture, plus the drained noodles, to the frying pan and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat and mix together. Add the spring onion and mix through. Transfer to bowls/plates and sprinkle with the chopped coriander and serve.