I’ve been meaning to try a new weight watchers recipe for a low fat treat that I don’t need to feel guilty about eating (not that the guilt of eating baked goods ever actually stops me!)
This was a no cook, very easy recipe and for only 3 Weight Watchers Pro-Points per serving I figured I’d give it a try and it could be a good lunch box treat for work. It makes 10 slices and will keep up for a week in the fridge in an air tight container.
- 75g (2 3/4 ox) milk chocolate chunks
- 50g (1 3/4 oz) reduced fat peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 75g (2 3/4 oz) rice crispies
- Line the base of an 18cm (7 inch) loose-bottom cake tin with non stick baking parchment. Put the chocolate, peanut butter and golden syrup in a large saucepan, stir and gently heat until melted.
- Add the cereal and stir to coat the mixture. Spoon into the prepared tin and level with the back of a spoon. Chill in the fridge until set, then cut unto 10 wedges.
Super simple low fat treat. If you’re not so worried about the points then I’d suggest adding a little extra chocolate as, let’s face it, anything with only 3 weight watchers points is going to be slightly limited in the chocolatey stakes! However, for a guilt-free treat if you’re point counting it’s pretty good!