I love pancakes! It’s ridiculous to me that they should be confined to being eaten one day a year. When looking at this recipe which I found online I figured they wouldn’t taste like pancakes, but just like a sweet omelette. However, I was wrong! These pancakes are really tasty and genuinely taste like pancakes. It may have helped that I served them up real pancake style with bananas, blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup (for a few syns!), but these really felt like a treat breakfast. They used to be classes as syn -free but the recent changes to the syn value of sweetener would make these 3 syns in total.
If you’re not a fan of sweetener or are looking for something with a lower syn value then check out my half syn pancake recipe:
Ingredients (makes 2 pancakes)
- 6 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Fry Light
- Separate the egg yolk and egg white into separate bowls
- Add 3 tbsp of sweetener to the egg white. Using an electric mixer, whisk up the egg white until it makes stiff peaks
- Add the vanilla extract and the rest of the sweetener to the egg yolk and mix well.
- Fold the egg yolk into the egg white mixture
- Spray a pan with Fry Light and pour half the mixture into the pan. After a few minutes flip the pancake over,
- Take the pancake out a few minutes later, and repeat the cooking process with the rest of the mixture.
- Serve them up with your favourite pancake topping and enjoy!